If you’re wondering why clients won’t leave reviews, it’s because you’re making it too difficult. If it’s inconvenient, they’ll never do it — no matter how much they love you. Your clients are busy people. If you want something done, you gotta help them out ; )
Here’s why clients won’t leave you a review and what to do about it.
YOU DON’T ASK
- The most effective way to get reviews is to ask for them. Clients won’t know how important reviews are unless you make it clear.
- After you finish a great service, ask for a review like this:
Client: “I love my haircut!”
You: “Glad you love it. Would you mind leaving me a quick review? I’m trying to get fifty before the end of the year and I’m almost there. I’m asking all my favorite clients.”
- Use StyleSeat’s client notes feature to keep track of which clients have already left a review so you don’t ask twice.
- In addition to asking in person, you should ask for reviews on social media and post a sign in your workspace.
THEY DON’T KNOW HOW
- They won’t waste time figuring it out on their own; make it simple. If you use StyleSeat to run your business, leaving a review is easy for clients. Each text message/email receipt they receive after an appointment includes a link to leave a review.
- If you want clients to leave reviews for past appointments, give them instructions. Send an email out to your client list and ask for a review. Let them know how much it means to you and your business.
Want to make my day? All you have to do is take a moment to leave me a review : ) Reviews help me build my business and provide better services to my clients.
If you’ve already signed up for a styleseat account, just follow these steps.
- Open your app
- Select the “Appointments” button
- Select “View Past Appointments”
- Select “Review” for any of our past appointments
- And leave a review : )
THERE’S NOTHING IN IT FOR THEM
Sometimes, clients just need a little motivation. Offering incentives should be part of your marketing budget. Reviews are an important marketing tool — 90% of customers read them before visiting a business.
- If you have a rewards program, offer clients points or a punch on their punch card if they leave a review.
- Add a line to your email:
“If you leave a review today, get a free treatment with your next haircut!”
Make sure to include your incentive in the subject line of your email to encourage clients to open it.
THEY AREN’T IMPRESSED
If your client experience is “good” but not “great,” clients won’t feel inspired to leave a review. Go above and beyond to make your client experience unforgettable.
- Give a thorough consultation. Make them feel listened to and understood.
- Offer free wifi, drinks, and treats.
- Use your client notes to remember important details like birthdays and product preferences.
- Stay up-to-date with trends, offer expert advice, and continue to educate yourself.
If clients genuinely enjoy your services they will be happy to leave a review. If they haven’t yet, they just need you to guide them. Every few months, take a look through your client notes, see who hasn’t left you a review yet, and use the tactics in this article to encourage them.
Looking for tools to help you run your business? Try StyleSeat free for 30 days.
For more industry tips, check out these articles: