You’ve seen our list of top stylists in Tampa, and this week we have some of New Orleans’ top performing professionals who share their business tips, passions, and wackiest client requests. Whether you need a fade, a pixie, some balayage, or a Brazilian, we’ve got you covered.
Learn how StyleSeat can improve your business here.
In New Orleans, Jose is known as “The Anointed Barber.” He puts his skill and faith into every cut and his caring attitude makes all his clients feel welcome. If you read his reviews, you’ll find that Jose is great with children, which means a lot to busy parents. Not only is he patient when kids cry in his chair, “he also cheers them up and communicates with them just as well as the parents would.”
- Years in the business: Six
- Passionate about: Bringing quality, faith and swag together into a masterpiece!
- Pro Tip: Treat your clients the way you want to be treated.
- Wackiest client request: A client wanted to cut off his eyebrows!
- Review: “Just moved back to New Orleans and was determined to find a great barber. I’m usually skeptical about any barber’s first time cutting, especially somebody around my age. I took a chance on Jose, and I’m glad I did. That was probably the sharpest cut I’ve gotten from any of my previous barbers!” – Kyron M.
Unlike some beauty pros, Nikki had no idea she wanted to be a cosmetologist. After she was laid off from her job, Nikki’s husband reminded her how much she loved doing her friends’ hair and she decided to take a chance. A few days later she signed up for cosmetology school and since then, she has spent every day doing a job she loves. Her passion shines through in every appointment and her clients often comment on her warm personality and cheerfulness.
- Years in the business: 2.5 Years
- Passionate about: I can’t even begin to express how thankful I am to have found a job I am so passionate about.
- Pro Tip: If you do something you love, you will never feel like you are working a day in your life.
- Wackiest client request: I can’t really say I’ve had any wacky request. If you truly listen to your clients, you will understand what they want and nothing sounds that wacky!
- Review: “When I can give a stylist a very brief description of what I want, and let her do what she thinks is best, and know that it will come out perfectly, that’s talent!! Love her!” – Stephanie
Brandi is the owner of Jazzy Kutz Boutique and Salon, an upscale salon that specializes in healthy hair. Her team takes pride in being a multicultural group of stylists with a diverse set of skills. As her website mentions, “Whether you’re looking for a spunky pixie cut or dramatic supermodel-style highlights, our friendly and incredibly talented team will work their hardest to provide you with incredible service.”
- Years in the business: 18
- Passionate about: The beauty industry as a whole, but I’m most passionate about education!
- Pro Tip: Make sure you are passionate about your business and dedicated to being successful. I believe that all stylists should do continued education throughout their career to evolve as a stylist.
- Wackiest client request: An 85 year old wanted to have her hair colored neon pink!
- Review: “Brandi was very professional and knowledgeable. She advised me of what to do with my natural hair in order to keep it healthy. My hair came out wonderful. I received several compliments minutes after leaving the salon. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an awesome stylist.” – Felicia T.
As one of her clients mentioned in a review, Brittny is a “#waxqueen.” Her extensive training in medical aesthetics & dermatology has allowed her to specialize in skin diseases and disorders, as well as chemical peels and full body waxing. Clients also comment on her ability to make them feel comfortable even in the most typically uncomfortable situations, “I feel like I am visiting an old friend every time I go to the salon.”
- Years in the business: 12
- Passionate about: Giving my clients the results they are looking for. It makes them feel good about themselves.
- Pro Tip: People will never forget how you made them feel. Treat your clients with the utmost respect, and they will certainly remain loyal.
- Wackiest client request: No request is ever too wacky!
- Review: “Brittny goes above and beyond to make sure her customers are comfortable and satisfied. I wouldn’t trade her for anything. I wish I could pack her up and take her with me on every trip. Keep creating magic Brittny!” – Darlene M.
Martha graduated from the Aveda Institute and she is balayage certified. Although she specializes in natural hair, she proudly caters to all hair types. Great customer service is a high priority for Martha; she believes in listening to her clients and catering to their needs. In fact, communication is so important to her that she is also fluent in Spanish!
- Years in the business: 6
- Passionate about: Stay educated and current!
- Pro Tip: I’m passionate about providing each client excellent customer service from beginning to end! I love to catch up with clients and sometimes just listen to them. We all need someone to just listen at times.
- Wackiest client request: A client who wanted a specific color for a day and then changed it right after!
- Review: “Excellent ability to set, roll, style, and flat iron naturally thick hair with any curl pattern. Does beautiful wash, sets, and flat irons!! Exceptional stylist with natural and relaxed hair. Can style ANY hair texture!! “
Think you’re one of the best stylists in the city? Good news, this list is a part of a series of articles we will be posting featuring our professionals around the nation. Nominate yourself or your stylist here for a chance to make the list.