If you want to make more money, you need a scheduling app. As an independent stylist, barber, esthetician, or nail tech, you know that time = money. So, it shouldn’t surprise you that the best way to increase your profits is to stop wasting so much of it. Things like rude clients, phone calls, Instagram DMs, rescheduling, and bookkeeping get in the way of making the money you deserve.
On average, stylists waste more than ten hours a week on various tasks. Imagine how many appointments you could fill with those extra ten hours! So, how do you get your time back? You get a scheduling app and get your business online. Online scheduling and business management apps like StyleSeat do the busy work for you so you can focus on delivering great services and getting paid.
“StyleSeat increased my income by roughly 32% It gave me back a lot of time because I didn’t have to be on the phone all the time and clients stopped missing their appointments like they used to before I used the app.”
Here are the top five ways StyleSeat will save you time and make you more money.
CLIENTS BOOK THEIR OWN APPOINTMENT
- Your service menu is online. Clients can look through your services, read the descriptions, and get pricing information so you can stop wasting time answering inquiries.
- Clients book themselves. With a scheduling app, you won’t have to schedule a single appointment — no phone calls, texts, or DMs. Once you share your appointment schedule online, clients can find a time that works for them, put a credit card on file, and book an appointment. You get a notification once the appointment is booked and all you have to do is show up and work your magic.
- You get bookings 24/7 Allowing clients to book and reschedule 24/7 means you never miss out on the opportunity for a booking — no more phone tag, no more full inboxes.
- You can easily accept credit cards. Clients put a credit card on file so check out is quick and painless. All they have to do is tip and sign — no need for swipers.
- You get detailed reports. See a breakdown of your daily/monthly/yearly sales, deposits, and transactions — no need to manually keep track.
NO-SHOW AND LATE CANCELLATION PROTECTION
- You get paid when clients don’t show up. The average stylist faces 1-2 no-shows a week. For some, that can add up to nearly $5,000 a year. Clients who don’t respect your time are a waste of money — not anymore. Set up a no-show late cancellation policy and clients will be required to enter a credit card when they book. You choose how strict your policy is and when clients don’t show up, you get paid for your time.
- Clients respect your time. Late clients throw off your schedule, they make you rush through appointments, and they make you look unprofessional. Enforcing a late cancellation fee not only ensures you are paid for wasted time, it also teaches clients to take your business seriously.
- You can block bad clients. With the client notes tool, you can track how often clients no-show or show up late. If a client is chronically late, they’re a waste of money and you can block them from booking with you with our block client tool.
- Lock in clients for multiple appointments. Clients are busy too and they don’t always remember to book appointments when they need them. If you have clients who visit you regularly, you can book recurring appointments for them.
BOOST YOUR IMAGE + RAISE YOUR PRICES
- Get more reviews. When you’re running a business on your own, building a great reputation is key. Most clients these days won’t even consider booking with a stylist who doesn’t have an impressive list of positive reviews. StyleSeat makes it easy to get the reviews you need to build your brand. After each appointment, StyleSeat automatically sends your clients a receipt that includes a link to leave a review. Reviews are displayed on your business profile for potential clients to read. Check out these tips for getting clients to leave reviews.
- You raise your prices. When you boost your image, train clients to respect your time, and
- Go above and beyond your clients’ expectations. In the digital age, convenience is important to clients. With a scheduling app, they can book outside of business hours, they can book from their phone, and they get automatic appointment reminders.
“Love this app, wish more of my people used it for scheduling appointments. I think I’ve been spoiled!”
— Jewlz Caracas
“Way easier and more secure than calling in or hoping you were penciled in correctly. You know exactly what you will be getting.”
— Jocelyn Thomas
Stop wasting time, start making more money. Sign up for a FREE trial now.
For more business tips, check out these articles:
- Rude Clients Cost us Money; What Type Do You Have
- Should I Charge for No-Shows and Late Cancellations?
- Get Clients to Book Online