Most salons spend a stupid amount of money each year on advertising. But it’s cheaper for individuals.
Did you know marketing on social media is FREE?
Facebook, in particular, is one of the most effective ways for small businesses (that’s you) to communicate with existing and potential clients.
With almost two billion monthly users, it’s a no brainer!
Our pros use Facebook to send thousands of potential clients to their booking page and you should be doing the same. Here’s how to get started.
DON’T – Marketing your business ON your personal Facebook page, clients don’t care about your family BBQ.
DO – Set up a Facebook business page.
- Start here.
- Click on the box for “Local Business or Place.”
- In the first drop-down menu, click “Spas/Beauty/Personal Care.”
- Then fill out the info and “Get Started.”
- Add a profile picture and some basic information.
- Don’t invite email contacts yet, though. Wait until your page is finished, so you make a great first impression.
CREATE A “BOOK NOW” BUTTON
- This is awesome, clients can just book you directly from your Facebook business page!
- It’s called the “call-to-action” button. It tells viewers to take action. “Book Now.” 🙂
- Once you created your business page, go to your cover photo and click “+ Add a Button.”
Choose “Book Now” and enter the link to your booking page. If you use StyleSeat [Join Page Link], enter your unique link.
For a great example, check out “Chateau Blanc Lash and Beauty Lounge.”
PRO TIP: Facebook will ask you to share your page with friends – WAIT. Before you share your page, make sure you have added photos and posted a few status updates. You don’t want your profile to look boring or inactive when people visit it for the first time.
ADD PHOTOS & REVIEWS
Ok, now clients can book you on Facebook, but why should they?
Show them what you have to offer.
- Create photo albums and post your work. Make sure clients get a good idea of your style and expertise.
- Customers take business reviews very seriously, and a good review could be the deciding factor for a potential client who is on the fence about booking with you.
- Let the world know how much clients love your services by taking a screenshot of your reviews and posting them to your timeline or in an album.
BUILD YOUR ABOUT SECTION
Your about section is important for two reasons.
- It gives clients a chance to learn more about you
- It helps clients find you when they search online.
- Write a short bio – list your experience, your credentials, and what your specialties are. Don’t be afraid to add a little personality too.
- Add links to your social media and booking site.
- Add your contact information and location.
- When clients search online, they use specific words to help them find what they are looking for. Try to imagine what words your ideal clients are using when they search. Are they typing, “Balayage in Austin, Texas?” If so, make sure the words “Balayage” and “Austin” are in your about section.
GET THOSE “LIKES”
Once your page is set up and you have posted a few status updates, it’s time to invite people to “like” your page.
- When people “like” your page, they get updates every time you post – similar to subscribing.
- When they like or comment on posts, their activity is displayed to their followers. This becomes free advertising and more potential clients see your work.
- You can click the “Invite Friends” button on Facebook to start inviting contacts to like your page
- Use your StyleSeat Email Marketing tool to send your new Facebook link to existing clients and ask them to “like” the page for updates and special offers. You can even offer an incentive to every client who clicks “like.”
Get on a regular posting schedule to stay fresh in your client’s mind – try and post at least once a day.
Here are some examples of things to post:
- Special Offers
- Holiday Hours
- Last Minute Appointment Openings
- Stellar Reviews
- Client Selfies
- Salon Photos
- Important Announcements (like schedule changes and vacation days)
TRACK YOUR EFFORTS
Did all your effort work? Measure the results from Facebook.
- Click “Insights” at the top of the page
- Click “Actions on Page”
- And check out how many people click each day!
Once a week, check how many people clicked on your “Book Me” button. Try different posting strategies and see if that affects how many people click to book. Get creative and see what works.
Try StyleSeat to get tools like online booking and email marketing here.
For more business tips, check out these articles: