FACT: Clients book the most appointments and spend the most money during the holidays.
The holiday season is coming up. If your marketing plan isn’t ready, you’re going to miss out on those “money-maker” months. Don’t wait until November.
5 Ways to take advantage of the holiday spirit NOW:
- Create a catalog of all the Halloween looks you offer and display it in the salon.
- Get ahead of the game. People are always looking for costume ideas. Who are the popular characters in the media right now and how can you create a look inspired by them? Here are a few ideas:
Zoya the Destroyer from “GLOW”
- If you do special effects makeup or you’re a wig artist, great. If not, get creative. What do you already offer that you can put a Halloween spin on?
For example: orange and black nail art, glow in the dark nails, celebrity hairstyles, celebrity makeup, “Game of Thrones braids,” “Mermaid lash extensions” etc.
- Promote your Halloween services on social media and in an email marketing campaign.
Post a photo of your pop culture look to Instagram, use hashtags that describe your looks, and tag accounts like Buzzfeed who might repost your work. Use trends to your advantage – you never know what could go viral.
- Limited time specials are more enticing to clients. Add a few Halloween themed services/packages to get clients to try new things.
- People love anything pumpkin scented or flavored. Offer a couple add-on services that are pumpkin spice scented like a hair treatment, foot scrub, or facial.
- Use fun Halloween themed names like: “To Dye for,” “Mummy Wrap,” “RIP Split Ends,” or “Monster Manicure.”
- Offer a “Post-Halloween Detox” to recover from all the drinks and candy.
- Promote it and upsell it to clients when they’re in the chair.
BE A HALLOWEEN DESTINATION
- If your business is located in a good trick-or-treat spot, it’s time to turn on the hustle.
- If your salon is family friendly or your client includes young mothers/fathers, this is an especially great time to advertise.
- Decorate your space, stock up on candy, and tack a special offer card to each piece of candy.
- Or, take it to the next level and offer branded goodies like pocket mirrors or combs.
We want to see your Halloween looks. Post your best costumes, makeup, nails, or hair and tag @styleseat for a chance to be featured!
Looking for tools to help you run your business? Try StyleSeat here.
For more business tips, check out these articles.
- 10 Reasons You Might be Losing Clients
- 6 Ways to Get More Tips Without Asking
- The Real Reason Clients Won’t Pre-Book with You